Updated: Aug 28
Top 5 benefits of repurposing content
When working on your content marketing strategy, approaching it with the intention to repurpose content across platforms allows you to make the most of your content.
Repurposing core content into different formats has several benefits for content marketers, including:
1. Saving time: Repurposing content saves time and effort because marketers don't have to create new content from scratch every time they want to post something. They can simply reuse the core content and tailor it to fit the specific format they need.
2. Maximizing reach: By breaking down core content into different formats, brands can reach a wider audience across different channels and platforms. This can help increase brand awareness and engagement.
3. Reinforcing messaging: Repurposing content reinforces the brand's core messaging and helps drive home the main points.
4. Building thought leadership: By consistently sharing valuable and educational content, brands can establish themselves as thought leaders in their industry, which can help build trust and credibility with their audience.
5. Increasing ROI: Repurposing content can increase the return on investment (ROI) of content marketing efforts, as it allows brands to get more value out of their original content.
That is to say that, repurposing core content into different formats is a smart and efficient way for content marketers to maximize their efforts and achieve their goals.
→ Interested in sponsoring future blog articles? Let’s discuss a media partnership.
Note: If you’d like to learn our content strategy and apply it to your business, we teach everything we do and give personalized feedback in our content marketing course and community. If you’d like us to do content marketing for you, then feel free to fill out the form on the bottom of our contact us page.
Build a hierarchy for your content creation
Core content in content marketing is typically the main message or theme that a brand wants to convey to its target audience. This content can be repurposed into blog content by taking the main ideas and expanding on them in a longer format, with the aim of educating and engaging the reader. Blog content can then be further broken down into smaller pieces of micro-content, such as social media posts, infographics, videos, and other formats that are easily digestible and shareable. By doing this, brands can maximize the reach and impact of their core content while also keeping their audience engaged with fresh, relevant content.
In conclusion, repurposing content is a smart and efficient way for content marketers to achieve their goals. By breaking down core content into different formats, brands can save time, maximize reach, reinforce messaging, build thought leadership, and increase ROI. Creating a hierarchy for content creation, starting with core content and breaking it down into smaller pieces of micro-content, can help brands maximize the impact of their content marketing efforts. So, next time you're planning your content marketing strategy, consider repurposing your existing content in different formats to make the most of your efforts.